Translator with Japanese and English - Video Game Industry
As a translator with Japanese and English you will be responsible of in house translations for video game industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Working on translation and proofreading of in-game content
- You should be ready to meet the needs of stakeholders, cooperate with other teams and individuals to maximize efficiency and synergies.
- Working around project-specific limitations in order to achieve a high quality translation that would result in a better user experience, ease-of-use of the localized products and clear, concise and good understanding of game text and/or platform-specific messages.
This job requires permanent work (full-time) in Frankfurt am Main (Germany).
We are looking for a person with the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Degree in translations or linguistics is a plus
- High level of Japanese
- Native level of English (in order to translate from Japanese to English).
- Previous translation experience is essential, preferably in the video game and multimedia entertainment or different technical fields.
- Experience with CAT tools (Trados, etc.) desirable
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office knowledge essential)
- You should enjoy playing video games and be familiar with their specific language needs, as this will be a major part of your daily work
- You must feel comfortable working in an international environment, being a flexible and committed team-player, who is responsible, self-motivated and innovative
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main very soon
- Competitive salary
- Long term contract
- Immediate incorporation
- The possibility to work in an international environment